Sunday, February 27, 2011

I fell asleep and dreamed again.

One of many recurring dreams in my life came up again last night/this morning when I finally got to sleep. Not much really happens in the dream, I just see a woman's hand. Her right hand. It alternates between color and black & white. There is no sound in this dream. The hand is wearing a large, marquis shaped, wide banded, satelite style diamond cluster ring on the index finger. There is blood all over the hand, running in little rivulets down from the fingertips. There are no visible wounds or scars on the hand and for some reason I know the blood doesn't belong to the owner of the hand. This is someone else's blood.

There's always a sinister feeling in this dream. Like, I sort of suspect a Dexter-esque plot is underway but I've seen nothing, heard nothing and know nothing for sure. It isn't a terrifying dream, as some of the others are, but it feels important and poignant. There is some message being conveyed there which I'm not sure I'm truly getting.

To break the dream down, it is only ONE hand that I see and it stops at the wrist. That would count as a disembodied hand, I think. Now, a disembodied hand symbolizes being misunderstood and feelings of loneliness. The right hand symbolizes the masculine and active attributes of life. To see a ring in dreams symbolizes wholeness, commitment and loyalty. To see diamonds in your dream sometimes speaks of clarity of vision at last, but also it can speak to vanity in your waking life, possibly indicating a feeling of selfishness and vanity which is separating you from others. Dreams of blood speak of passion and love, but also of an emotional cry for help when someone else is bleeding in the dream. - Side note: Dreams of blood during menses or pregnancy are quite common - Dreaming in color and then fading to black & white speaks of changing perspectives. It signifies a time where you are looking at things objectively while laying aside emotional attachment.

So, let's put it all together. I would have to say that I feel lonely, worried and anxious. It would seem I am finally looking at things as they are instead of hoping they will go the way I want them to. Emotions no longer rule my life though I wish for more - and possibly even feel I'm entitled to more - than I have in my life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment